What is wrong with me??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello!

For 4 Years I have been dealing with undiagnosed chronic pain. I was diagnosed with IBS which I have under control and gastroparesis which I also have that under control.

To tell you a little bit about myself I am 18 years old I am male and I don't smoke/drink. And I have had my appendix and gallbladder out. My BMI is 26.2

I am having RUQ pain that wraps around my back and sometimes into my shoulder. I am having nausea and vomiting and I am having oily bowel movements. I have a swollen and bloated abdomen and at times run low grade fever and gets worse after every time I eat.

We have been to multiple doctors and they can't ever find out what's wrong. I have discussed the possibility of pancreatitits but my Current GI thinks this is Non Alcholic Fatty Liver Disease.

I have had abnormal blood tests. My AST, ALT, ALP, and GGT are all elevated my Lipase is low, I have had hemolysis on my most recent blood draw and I have anemia and elevated triglycerides. I also have Mocous and blood in my urine. I also am going in for a liver biopsy this Friday.

Someone please help me I just don't know what to do anymore I'm just miserable.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Stomach surgery can trigger IBS or make existing IBS worse. Once you get your liver biopsy results, this should tell you if your liver is causing your other symptoms.  Blood in your urine could indicate an infection.  Ask for a urine test to confirm this.

• Posted

Well David, this sounds like you're having a very serious disease. Alternatively you suffer from hypochondriatisis. 

• Posted

Um I'm sorry but what is that? And thanks for replying!

• Posted

I am in the same boat! I really feel for you. Have you tried to go to a naturalpath doctor? Sometimes they know better about digestive issues. I plan to go to one next month.
    • Posted

Well I have sent my Doctor notes about my pain and usually he refers me to my GI who is literally obsessed with the fact that it's NAFLD or IBS.

• Posted

I forgot to mention that I can't keep food down.

• Posted

Have you had a test for H. Pylori bacteria ? I had one today. It is a nasty bug and my doctor belives it may be the cause to all my stomach pains

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.