What is wrong with me??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. 33 y/o male.. Had back surgery 3 weeks ago. Had complications, got aseptic meningitis, and cerebral spinal fluid leaks. Ended up being bedridden in the hospital for nearly 3 weeks.

After I got home, I couldn't feel much in my saddle region, as well as testicles and lower half of my penis. I had many rounds of antibiotics, a catheter, lots of opioids. When not hooked up to a catheter, used plastic urinals by turning slightly sideways, which was often very messy. Not allowed to sit up. I have had thrush before.

Not long after coming home from the hospital, I noticed my testicles were very sore. The left one was and is noticeably swollen. I self diagnosed myself with epididymitis. I had antibiotics at home, and have been taking them 2 weeks with little change. I have been limiting activity, tried buying tighty whities, (hated it), and icing for relief with little relief.

Now, I'm sure I have candida. I've been getting headaches, my balls still hurt. Its a constant dull ache that never seems to leave. They are itchy. Sometimes I get jock itch symptoms in inguinal area, but not the rash. Under the head of my penis is a white smelly substance. There are blotches of red on the head of my penis, my scrotum, and the shaft at various times. My penis looks leathery and scaly. I've discontinued the antibiotics, started eating coconut oil, and cut out yeast and sugar from my diet.

Can I have thrush and epididymitis at the same time? What's happening? What do I do? Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As I know people in Pakistan are really scared of back surgery although Docs do advise so frequently. I have seen that people of especially villages here take Milk with two eggs mixed in it for just a few days and most of them get alright. However while being in advanced countries the surgery should not complicate back surgery so much. I simply wish and pray for your recovery. Good luck.
  • Posted

I would say stop self diagnosing and go see a doctor.
  • Posted

Self-diagnosing and second guessing is getting you absolutely nowhere. Make an appointment to see your doctor!
  • Posted

" I self diagnosed myself with epididymitis."

Quit doing that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.