What is wrong with me???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Okay before I begin, here's some background info on me.... I'm a 20 year old female, I have a 21 month old daughter, I'm a smoker (maybe a half a pack a day, sometimes less) I'm about 5'3 and 145 lbs.

Anyway about 8 days ago, I started feeling really nauseas, I was having loose bowels about 2-3 times a day and forcing myself to eat but got full really quickly. About 2 days ago, the nausea got to where it was subsiding and I can eat like normal. I am still slightly nauseas in the pit of my stomach and I feel a burning sensation from my diaphragm up to my chest. I can't determine whether its heartburn or chest pains, it may be both. Every now and then I get a slight pain right under the right side of my ribcage and my stomach sometimes gurgles and rumbles even when I'm not hungry. I'm so confused and scared. Please help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Kinda sounds like IBS antiacid med you may try nausea and pain differ how ever and sharp pain on the right side could be gallbladder! 
    • Posted

Hi Kayla,

No need to scare. I doubt it's gallbladder. She said slight pain. If it was gallbladder, it would be excruciating pain.

• Posted

Hi pcooper

Try using an antacid such as Zantac to alleviate the heartburn and nausea....also keep a food diary and check what foods kick off the nausea and pain..try it for a week if the diary reveals the foods that cause the nausea and pain obviously leave them out but eat what you normally eat first to see what foods or drink are causing the problems..try not to eat spicey and fried foods citrus foods and fizzy drinks after you have done your diary for a week.....if you discover trigger foods and leave them out and the probs continue go see your doc...and take your diary with you to show that you have been trying to find out what is causing your symptoms...best wishes....

• Posted

I don't think you have to worry. If this has gone on for 8 days, you may have had a stomach virus or bug. Some people get on a zpack of antibiotics and it clears up on it's own. It's been going around here too, people are nauseas, diarrhea, it lasts for about a week and clears up. If you said you were experiencing a high fever, chills, intense diarrhea, horrible, extremely painful cramps, I would have said go to your ER, or see your Doctor right away. Many people have what feels like a stitch or dull pain under their left or right rib cage. This could be due to straining during a bowel movement or vomiting and straining a muscle and again, it will clear up on it's own. Try the BRAT diet for a few days. (Bananas,Rice, Applesauce, Toast) and a low fiber diet. If you keep experiencing the symptoms or they get worse, Then maybe a Doctor can order tests to find out if you have another underlying problem, parasite, it could be anything. But try not to worry too much..because anxiety might make it worse.

• Posted

With heartburn you get a burning sensation and or chest pain.  However, I would see your doctor if your symptoms continue,
  • Posted

I too am a fan of the Brat diet. I just think it's best to get your system clean before concluding you have serious issues.

Please try not to worry so much. If after you finish with Brat, if you still feel icky, I like trying some serious probiotics. I mean the real stuff, refrigerated and a billion strong, no candy alternatives.

Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.