What is Wrong with me ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I do not know exactly where to start, this whole process seems to me like an XXL episode of Dr. House with no end. So it all started with a head pressure about 3 weeks ago, I dont know exactly how to describe this I would not say that its a headache, much more like air is building up in my brain and pressing against the back of my head especially when sitting or walking, this led to small panic attacks in the beginning because I had the feeling of losing consciousness (i never had panic oder anxiety attacks before), I went to the doctor several times and he said it was only stress, it passed a week and then i had the worst panic attack with head pressure, tingling and dizziness, I measure the blood pressure several times and I was shocked 230/130 so I immediately called the emergency and they measured again and it was 196/120, they took me to the hospital, blood was taken and my blood pressure has calmed down without medication to 155/88 and I was discharged from the hospital the same evening (which has surprised me after this blood pressure) the next day i was desperate and went to another doctor, he did an ECG and a 24-hour blood pressure measurement and determined that the blood pressure is too high for a longer period of time now, amazing doctor immediately called the hospital and arranged that I get examined, arrived at the hospital I got an X-ray of the lungs and an Ultrasound of the heart and the kidneys. they took a lot of blood and an urine sample, a 24-hour ECG and another 24 hours blood pressure measurement Later, I'm not really better, sudden extreme heart palpitations, shortness of breath, head pressure and strange muscle twitching everywhere on the body. they told me my results were okay and discharged me from the hospital, since I was discharged 5 days have passed,I take 2 blood pressure pills daily (Amlodipine 5 mg, Ramipril 2.5 mg) and it is unfortunately hardly better, I have an extreme walking imbalance, dizziness and it is difficult for me to walk a straight line, sudden heart palpitations which do not stop, shortness of breath and the mentioned head pressure. 2 days ago I had an MRT of the kidneys. Out of desperation I went to a private clinic yesterday and had an ultrasound of my carotid arteries and an MRT of my head done, everything was fine but the doctor there also measured my blood pressure and it was 185/103. The doctor looked at my blood samples from the hospital and said I could have a pheochromocytoma (tumor in the adrenal glands) and recommended that I see an endocrinologist to check this. This is going to sound weird but I was almost relieved that there could be a cause for all of this. So today I Called the secretary where I had my kidney MRT done and she tells me there was nothing too unusual, now I am at maximum despair and really dont know what to do now . I'm sorry if this whole text is a bit of a mess but that reflects my current thoughts quite well, I don't want to steal your time but I hope someone can help me or has a guess as to what all this could be, Thank you so so much in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this .

Additional data:

Age : 21 Height: 1,80m Weight : 90 Kg, never smoked or drank alcohol, no cases of high blood pressure or heart attack in the family. and so sorry for my bad englisch

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I can understand what you're going through, having been through similarly frustrating experiences myself.

It can sometimes take time to get at the root of a medical problem.

You wrote:

they took a lot of blood and an urine sample...

Did you get a copy of the results? What exactly did they check? Which numbers were off?

There should be an indication of L (low) or H (high) in the margin, next to the normal range of values.

I'd say you should ask your doctor about running more detailed blood tests. That will often provide a good hint of where the trouble lies, and the results should come back from the lab fairly quickly.

Best wishes.

• Posted

at 1.8m and 90Kg you are quite overweight, to reach a healthy weight you need to drop at least 9kg.

If that doesn't cure or alleviate the symptoms you describe the worst that will happen is you will be healthier with the same symptoms. but I would be surprised i you don't notice an improvement.

Losing weight is probably the best thing you can do for yourself. Exercise will help as well, you don't need to run a marathon just walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Walk to the shop, get off the bus a stop earlier. Don't have that chocolate bar for a snack, have an apple instead. Eat more salad and fresh vegetables.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.