What is wrong with me, chest and throat pressure- Please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

for a week now i have a pressure feeling all over my chest and throat, it doest hurt but feels hard to breathe, ive been coughing today (dry) which has made my chest hurt. dull pains, it feels as though someone is strangling me at the bottom of my throat, i can also describe it as like spasms or tightness in throat and chest.

i went to the hospital today and had an ecg that came back normal, they didnt check my throat as it wasnt classed an emergency and to contact my doctor.

i have suffered with anxiety for over 10 years so know it could all be in my head, butbi have never experienced this sensation in my throat and chest. i have done covid tests and negative, i had covid back in July with no sypmtoms other than a headaxhe so dont think that is connected.

this all became after a long weekend of drinking and partying my anxiety is always bad after a binge drink and sunday niggt i had this sensation in my throat as if someone was strangling me j felt like i couldnt breathe, i then had a panic attack. i am not sure if that has made it worse and its just becuase i cant stop thinking about this.

please can someone give me advice as the hosptial were so unhelpful i feel depressed that no one is taking how i feel serious

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Anxiety in severe forms cause breathing problems. If people are not taking you seriously its probably because it doesnt seem to serious. I am saying that side effects of anxiety is hard to breath functions. Explore with your doctor and persist until you get what you need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.