What is wrong with me? Hairloss, acne, seborrheic dermatitis, anxiety, headaches etc.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello!

I am a 16 yo boy. Since puberty started my life changed completely and it did not change in a good way. I have always been skinny and I can't gain weight no matter how much I eat. I got white things on my nails, hair loss with already a bit receded hairline, itchy and flaky scalp which my dermatologist defined as seborrheic dermatitis. I got oily skin, acne on my face, scalp, back, shoulders and chest, striae on my lower back and knees. I am anxious or tired 80% of the time. I get sore throat from nowhere as well as random headaches.

I also got pectus excavatum but that's a thing i was naturally born with.

My parents spent tons of money on products, supplements and doctors who prescribed me different things and not a single one worked.

It's clear to me that I may got vitamin deficiency. I've done blood tests on Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B12, Iron. Everything was bad except the Iron. I've been taking Vitamin D, Folic Acid, B12, Vitamin C every morning but nothing has changed. I checked my Vitamin D level again and it was okay (30-100 is the avreage and mine was between 65-70). 

I also did test on food intolerance. There were 3 levels (Green, Yellow, Red)

Tomatoes, Pork, Lamb, Beef, Coffee, Dairy Products, Rye, Wheat and Oats were yellow which means moderate reaction.

Diet

I have lowered my sugar and dairy intake, completely stopped eating fried food. I have started drinking banana/apple/blueberry smoothies every morning and flax seed and I make sure I eat fish at least 2 times a week. I work out every day for more than an hour.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm going to visit a dietologist in 10 days and I hope she can help me make a balanced diet with all the necessary vitamins to heal my body.

Can you give me any advice? Any questions are welcome.

(Excuse my bad English)

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey there APM. Stick to what your doing. This kinds of change may take time. Think positive and keep working out. Changes may come litlle by little but they will come. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.