What is wrong with my ear? See pics.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my discussion. I have been suffering with my left ear for around 5 years. heres the background...

• Notice wax is dry and flakey only in left ear. No pain at all present.
  • I attend doctors and mention the flakey wax and he prescribes me otomize.
  • 24 hours after using the otomize im in excruciating pain so i discontinue the otomize.
  • docs prescribe antibiotics x 3 courses but nothing really helps.
  • feel pressure and have to constantly blow holding my nose to relieve it.
  • fast forward a few years, ive been seen by ent doctor who doesnt think i have ETD. sends me away with nothing.
  • i start to experience tingling on top of scalp and left side of face. almost like numbness is wearing off.
  • i decide to flush my ear and i feel instant relief, numbness disappears...but pain sets in a day later that is excruciating.
  • i tried olive oil which causes me pain, ive tried otex causes me pain...if i get water in it it causes me pain.
  • i purchased an otoscope and this is what i found.

please has anyone seen this before?

My mother does suffer with psoarisis in her ears, scalp and hands. Not sure if this could be the same or if it looks typical of psoarisis.

i have attached a picture of my right ear which has normal wax and functions normally apart from having pulsatile tinitus in that side. see last pic.

Should i flush it again, if so with what? I feel like the debris causes my numbness feeling on my head. is that possible?

sorry for rambling on.

Kym. x

imageimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.