What is wrong with my stomach? Is it SIBO?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all 

I am desperate for some advice about problems I have been experiencing since around Christmas, and are getting worse. 

- Insatiable hunger despite always eating far more than I would ordinarily need. I feel so hungry most of the time that I feel weak and dizzy.

- Stomach pain, bloating

- Fatigue, nausea, feeling weak and blank

- Brain fog & lack of concentration (usually because of the stomach pain and hunger pangs) 

I have tried numerous medications and currently take a plethora of supplements (Oregano Oil, Probiotics, Alimed amongst others). Nothing seems to make any difference, and in fact my symptoms are becoming worse.

Moreover, at my worst points, I consider suicide. I am completely unable to concentrate on anything that isn't the pain or the incapacitating hunger. Anything normal, like meeting a friend for coffee, just cannot be done anymore. 

I could go on, but rather than doing this I would like to know if what I have sounds like SIBO. Any help or guidance is appreciated. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Incarnation,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

It could be any number of things.  I would advise you to see a doctor for tests to see what could be causing your abdominal trouble. Few of us are doctors on this site, so I wouldn’t want to hazard a guess at what may ve wrong with you.  Your doctor is the best person to reassure and diagnose you.
  • Posted

Hi Incarnation

I do feel for you but do not despair there is light at the end of the tunnel. Make an appointment with your doc to request blood tests for the dizzyness and brain fog it could be low iron levels or low level vitamins and minerals which can cause gastric problems such as low Vit D and B12. Also, request an Ultrasound Scan to see if there is anything untoward going on in your abdomen. Make the appointment as soon as you can..you do not have to suffer as you are...

• Posted

I think I would be persistent and go back to my doctor and get some blood work done have you ever been checked for ulcers sometimes the pain gets worse when you're hungry with ulcers but I'm not a physician and I think you should call your doctor and make an appointment to go in and get reevaluated if you have not done so otherwise make a trip to the ER if you're in that much pain and if you're thinking about suicide then you need to call a mental health clinic and tell them how you are feeling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.