What is wrong with my Vagina? Is BV causing this?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My vagina has been in pain since January. I had a bladder infection in January which I took antibiotics for then I was fine. Then In March, my vagina started to burn when I peed, it felt very irritated. I have been tested for herpes and every other std and everything has come back negative. On April 1st I was diagnoses with BV but I do not think the antibiotics (metronidazole) worked. I think my urethra looks swollen which may be causing the pain with urination. when I try to touch my vagina sometimes it hurts almost like stings. I got a pap smear on April 1st and the doctor said she did not see any sores. Any ideas on why I am having vaginal pain and sometimes pain with urination? Thank you!

imageimage

The white spot on the last pic is not a sore, its just my discharge.

My Vagina has been look like this since January.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i know it hurts. I also tested positive for BV with no UTI injection. Put me on Flaghl for five days which worked but it took months for my vagina to quit burning and my urthea was swollen to and it hurt to pee to. Sometimes you might have to take a second round of flaghl to stop the BV which I think was causing my burning and swollen feeling. I could barely wear panties much less anything . Do not use anykind of bath soap down there. Use only cool water which i did because I didnt have the foul odor. Mine was caused by antbobics thinking i had a uti. I had the same looking discharge has you. Dont have sex until you heal. I think sometimes it makes it worst BV. I know mine wasnt caused my sex because i havent had sex in two years.Im posted menopausel.... Good Luck...... hope this helps some!

• Posted

thank you so much for your reply! is Flaghl stronger then Mentroidozale? did you experience redness with your BV? also did it hurt when you would touch your vagina? like the inside?

• Posted

Hello,

Usually 30% of cured cases have recurrent BV infection, also having sexual intercourse can lead to BV in most of the cases (we are still investigating this).

BV is THE most common vaginal discharge condition in which we yet don't fully understand.

Someone mentioned Flagyl, this is the Metronidazole. Would you be kind enough to mention the therapy your past doctor mentioned to do with Metronidazole?

If I don't answer, please write through private, and let me know.

• Edited

i was recently diagnosed with BV and my vagina has been swollen and I've had some itching and burning and it feel like i have to pee very frequently even after i urinate, My gyno and I first thought it was a common yeast infection so she did a pap and ran tests, it came back that i didnt have a yeast infection, but bv and she gave me the medication to get rid of it. I took a round of antibiotics and thought it would go back to normal but it hasn't yet and I'm freaking out. its been a few days sense that my last round of medication, and i had sexual intercourse with my partner for the first time in about 2 weeks and it was still painful. I'm going to make another gyno apt but im really freaking out rn. I will try to attach picture if I can. Please help!image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.