what is wrong with my wrist?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i hit my wrist a few days ago i thought it was just a sprain but the swelling havn't decreasd so i got an xray but there is no orthopedic doctor available can you help me please?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm confused... they took x-rays of your wrist, allowed you to have copies of them and then didn't explain the results to you? That's very unusual, at least in my part of the world. Do you have an upcoming appointment to see a doctor to get the x-rays interpreted? If not, I'd suggest making one. That should be done in person, by someone who is able to examine your wrist and take a history of how your injury happened.

As far as I know we are all just patients on here, so most of us (me included) are not qualified to read other people's x-rays. It may also be that you have a soft tissue injury which you won't be able to see on an x-ray... you'd need an MRI or ultrasound to see that type of injury.

• Posted

I honestly have no idea what you expect from us, as the other commenter has mentioned the whole scenario is odd. I can't see a fracture, but I am no expert. See a doctor, doesn't need to be an orthopod...... In the meantime painkillers, Ice and rest?

aa

• Posted

the city iam in has very scarce medical resources i managed to travel to see a doctor and he told there was a fracture but it was simple thank you for your replies though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.