What is your experience with effexor?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Any crazy side effects? How long did it take for you to be normal again? If depression made you lose feelings of love for your partner, how long until that was better?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

my wife has been on effexor for four years.  seems to do what it is supposed to do, no side effects (she has gotten more forgetful, but i don't know if that's dementia setting in or a side effect).  she has not lost her feelings of love for me.  never has and hopefully never will

• Posted

Hi BunnyGirl - I was on efexor and had a terrible time. Brain zaps, electric-like shocks in my joints and a swooping feeling as if i was falling. It took a few weeks for the sensations to disappear after i quit them. Having said that, medications affect everyone differently and efexor may be what you need. If you are uncomfortable with it, there are many other AD meds available. It takes a while for the meds to work properly.
  • Posted

I had a bad reaction to effexor. I got really unwell on it and became severely self destructive and angry. However, everyone is different and I know it works well for some people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.