What is your routine for using Dermovate?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had vulval LP for approximately 4 years. I've recently been re-referred to my dermatologist who advised me to go back to the routine of using the Dermovate every day for a month, then twice a week for a month and repeat, until the inflammation clears. I asked her about flareups and she said to still use that same routine. I presume I stop once everything is clear. I have been totally clear once and the dermatologist then discharged me, only for the LP to come back with a vengeance a few weeks later!

Can others tell me how they use Dermovate? If it flares, do you use it differently? If I use the one month daily, then twice a week routine and it clears, then flares a few weeks later, do you think I then go back to following the same routine? You'd think, after 4 years, I'd be more on the ball with this, but I do find the Dermovate use confusing, as I'm particularly aware of what a strong steroid it is. Thanks in advance for any help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi ive had genital lp for 5 months consultant told me twice a day for 2 weeks then once a day for 3 months.

It has helped but I was worried what I could use after 3 months. I asked the consultant this question at my most recent appt. and she said I can use dermovate indefinitely! its so confusing, so im going to use it at least once a day then twice a day when needed. In the past ive used a half dose morning and night too.

4 years is a long time with this horrid disease, I wonder if genital lp ever just clears up and doesnt come back!

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, Cheryl.

My dermatologist has told me a number of times that it 'burns itself out' eventually, yet here I am! Consultants all seem to have their own routines for using Dermovate which is extremely confusing. However, as long as it works I suppose that's the main thing, and, as I said, I did manage to get it completely clear at one point - just for a few weeks, but at least it was clear! Thanks again and I hope your LP continues to improve.

• Posted

I'm finding it doesn't work I've tried different steroid creams and none are working my dermtolages she said we are running out of options do any of you feel it makes you more sore and inflamed

• Posted

Hi, no the cream has worked quite well for me.

Gosh thats awful if your running out of options......nobody wants to hear that!

Best of luck.

x

• Posted

Hey Cheetah, I don't really know of a remedy to tell you about because I'm searching for one myself. I've tried alot of things and I still have flares. I do know that my diet was to blame in the past for the flare ups. I've since then completely changed what I eat. No sugar (white) I use honey or pure cane sugar occasionally. No process foods and I limit my meats. I hope for all of our sake we can find something soon. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.