What just happened to me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, well ladies for 10minutes I have just well wondered what JUST happened to me?!!!..........I'll try and explain ..........I'm sitting reading my emails (what have accumulated over 3days them of which I have worked and not had chance to look up in till today.So.......we'll not really thinking anything I looked at my chest and for literally a few seconds it looked so unreal I was breathing normal,but looked like my heart was beating so fast and for a few seconds it felt dreamy...like not really happening but it was and my heart was going soooo erratic it's never happened this to me I felt strange it did frighten me obviously as I have never had this happen EVeR to me........does anyone know what it is I experienced then? I feel silly, daft as I'm unaware as to what I experienced so please don't laugh at me...and NO I'm not pulling a fast one I'm honestly not lilieing.... Thankyou ladies(and gentlemen)!!.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like palpitations Hun and eptopic beats all usual for menopausal woman just very scary
  • Posted

Hello, it sounds like you might have had a bout of supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) very rapid firing of the heart then will suddenly reset and beat normally. Or you could of experienced pre ventricular contractions (PVC) meaning your hearts lower chambers the ventricles, was trying to beat, like a prebeat, and couldn't and then your heart took over and actually would beat normal. Can go back and forth like this many times in a row makes it a feeling almost like popcorn going off in your chest (PVC) or (PAC). Can feel very scary. I have PVC. Crazy heartbeats all the time. Had full work up from cardiologist said everything is okay. Get checked out to make sure everything is okay.
  • Posted

Hi ladies.....Cazjaz (still waiting for my blood results......for vitamin D.... No news yet!.) and girl four Thankyou. For your advice......I will book into the doctors and see what happens.....I'm on Propanolol BUT been on this for gosh..10months with all been ok?!!. I'm on this as I suffered with severer Migranes.....which I still get BUT not as often.....and Sertline for mood swings.....I'm wondering if these two combined drugs had / have any effect....as to the reason at what happened to me yesterday?...x
  • Posted

Good you are following up with your doctor, always good to have peace of mind.  It does sound like palpitations that can happen during hormone changes...but just to be safe- get checked.  For the record my doctor recommends magnesium to help with palpitations...do some research and by all means add to your daily regime if it's not something you take already

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.