What kind of headache gets better by shaking your head hard?

Posted , 1 user is following.

English isn't my first language so apologies in advance.

I'm a 22 year old male with no history of smoking, alcohol consumption, steroids,etc.

i have a headache going on for months that's located about the right back side of my head and recently i also have a sense of discomfort and fatigue in my right eye . Rather than a sensation of pain the headache is like a constant uncomfortable presence of pressure and heaviness over that area that really impairs my ability to think whether it comes to studying or other activities and it also induces anxiety and I also seem to have memory issues.

i tried shaking my head hard to see how it would affect it, of course when you shake it hard you naturally feel a brief mild pain in whole of your head but in addition to that i feel stronger, heavier pain in the region of my headache and after doing that my headache seem to got temporarily better , specially a couple of times the discomforting sensation in my eye seems to abandon almost completely. Sometimes i notice that It also seems much less present immediately after waking up even at times I might not be sleep deprived or in need of sleep.

Due to coronavirus i have limited access to medical professionals, What do you think may be the cause? Could it be a tumor or pseudo-tumor(iih)?

Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.