What makes ferritin levels spike between Venesections?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a flu jab 10 days ago and started feeling very nauseous and tired a few days ago. I had a my 4 weekly venesection booked in yesterday and my ferritin levels had spiked and wondered if the jab was to blame ? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am on month 5 of weekly phlebotomies. I started at 3075. After first month 2647 2nd, up to 3125, 3rd 2856 ,4th 1901 and latest 2055. So I'm on a rollercoaster.....but I've been told the liver may purge back into your system when you get rid of some via phlebotomies. Don't know how true this is

• Posted

It’s frustrating when it spikes asi feel like it’s one step forward two steps back !

Do you ever feel sick and nauseous when it spikes ? 

• Posted

No, but I feel defeated. However I'm looking at my iron and sat levels and they are coming down and my binding level is coming up so that's good. Trying to find positive. Hang in there.

• Posted

I don’t really pay much attention to

Any other levels except my Ferritin. what is the binding level 

Thanks 

X

• Posted

This is what binds the iron to be depleted from the body... I believe. The higher the level the better that means more iron isn't getting into your system.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.