WHAT MEDICATION CAN I TAKE FOR ALLERGIES WITH BPH

Posted , 9 users are following.

So I have BPH an enlarge prostate and you cant take cold medication or antihistamenes for my BPH as it will cause retention in my urinenation.Is there a couf or antihistamenes I can take that have friendly ingreadiances.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes, Flonase works really well for sinus type allergies, and is not an antihistamine. Don't know if it works for colds....

• Posted

Try Chlorpheniramine Maleate. It works for me. It's an antihistamine.

• Edited

The label on the product should tell you not to use it if you have certain conditions that it lists.

• Edited

Yeah...it's not always there and sometimes you have to dig deep in your research to find it; however, when my allergist missed the connection (even though he knew I had BPH), that mistake resulting in retention was very frustrating. A physician, at least should be aware of the connection.

• Posted

i have BPH and take Doxasozin as an alpha blocker. i also take Cimetidine and Fexofenadine. no problems with retention.

• Posted

THanks for the input and my urineologest and doctor don't tell you these things as I had to learn all my stuff on the internet. There are foods to eat and drink and if I did not find it I was a goner .They treat the symptoms and not the cause. They don't teach prevention at all.Stress makes me go a lot more and does any one have the same problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.