What medication do you guys take to control anxiety.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I want a list of what helps, I am seriously considering a new medication to ask my GP about and I refuse to take two types of medication at any given time because of serotonin syndrome.

I currently take mirtzapine 45 MG although that isn't actually a medication to deal with anxiety that my psychiatrist said.

He did recommend me to take lexapro although he did say to take it ontop of my mirtzapine (but between hours) and taking the two can cause serotonin syndrome so i took myself off of the lexapro with my GP monitoring this about 6 weeks ago. 

I have considered going off the mirtzapine to try the lexapro (after a month or so being off one) but I am undecided yet because I do know different medications help different people and I want to see what is currently working for many.

If you experience the following symptoms, or have followed the same symptoms please do let me know if a medication has helped with this.

Numbness over body (imagine being light-headed but persistently for 6 weeks across your entire body), Body aches (anywhere in the body), brain feels cloudy/foggy, sensitive to touch, feeling of being slightly detached from your body. 

That's about all that I would personally say are the big factors of what I am dealing with lately. I have considered suicide but honestly I couldn't bring myself to ever self-harm let alone death so that's not going to happen.

I've never experienced this side to anxiety and it's honestly quite irritating and annoying at this point rather than me fearing it which I was. 

I just don't know how to shake this off no matter what I do, even when I wake up first thing of the morning I just feel weak, fatigue, and this feeling of numbness sort of across my body is driving me cuckoo lol 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm currently only taking Xanax for breakthrough anxiety, but took Zoloft (sertaline) with Xanax for many years, in the past. I never had any issues with serotonin syndrome while on sertaline, but anxiety alone creates some crazy symptoms.

• Posted

I'm also on 100 mg of sertraline, how do you find it? I started on 50mg but didn't notice any changes so after 6 months upped it to 100 and again still feel no different sad not sure if worth trying to up it again or trying another kind all together? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.