What medication works best for uterine and fibroid pain?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello sisters,

I had my MRI yesterday to determine if the blood vessels are good enough so i can have a UFE done asap. I was scheduled for a laparoscopic hysterectomy to remove a huge fibroid bigger than a 6 month old babys head and my uterus is huge feels and looks like I am 10 months pregnant. It hurts when i take a deep breath because my uterus is pushed up under my rib cage. I'm in so much pain. I found out 6 days before the hysterectomy that i was too high risk for the surgery. I wanted to die. I've been looking forward to this surgery since November 30th 2018. I was making plans for new life that was going to start on 2/11/19 (hysterectomy day)

My fibroid sits on my cervix and I'm in so much pain and discomfort. My uterus feels super itchy pinchy sore burns and my pelvic area feels like its going to crumble into pieces due to all the weight and pressure of the fibroid. I need a break from this pain.

Ibuprofen or Tylenol do not work for my pain. I've tried oxycodone and it doesn't alleviate any of this pain. I tried very expensive CBD oil i got from my wonderful doctor and it takes maybe 10% of the discomfort away. I do heat and lots of rest with feet up. I've been on meds to stop my hemorrhaging since 11/30/18. I dont know how much longer of this I can take. I have and live a very poor quality of life. I dont even leave my home anymore unless I'm going to the doctors. I had a blood transfusion in October 2018 and many iron transfusions and scheduled to get another one Monday 2/18/19.

I live in Portland Oregon and am being seen @ OHSU. Any advice on what medications helped you, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you for listening to my story. I feel so alone and desperate. I just want to be healed. I'm exhausted.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i know a great pelvic floor practitioner there in Portland you should talk to. how do we do this? private message?

• Posted

Lydia, I'm so sorry that you're in so much pain. The MRI results shouldn't take too long. I had mine done on Saturday and the MD called me back yesterday, 4 days later. Can you call them up and make the UFE appt in the meantime so that you can make sure you have an appt ASAP? Please know you're not alone.

• Posted

Hi Lydia, sorry to hear about your problem you are having with your fibroids, but I must say that I really do understand what you going through with this fibroids because am going through it as well, but as for the pain relief, some time they are just useless. but my Dr gave me dihydrocodeine tablet, normal extra paracetamol, lbrophen. Some time the first and second one together do work, but with side effects, I am in so much distress with a lot of pain, are long with others symptoms that I can not even explain also with a lot of sensation all over my body. Still waiting for my appointment to have the surgery done l can't wait to have my life back again with Jehovah's help l know l will. Please Lydia don't give up because the God almighty will heal you in Jesus name amen. Am trying so hard because everyday is like a living nightmare l cry all the time because am so confuse about what going through. If I may ask did you also? did you take the injection call Zoladex? to help reduce the size of the fibroids? the ga-dr, said . Hope the painkeller would help. take care of yourself and hope everything goes well with the surgery.

• Posted

This sounds miserable, I am sorry you are suffering like this I am also wondering if you are experiencing nerve pain. I would ask my doctor for Gabapentin/Neurontin.

I use bioidentical progesterone to keeo from getting more fibroids

• Posted

Thank you for responding. I am experiencing nerve pain i think my uterus is so big its pushing up on my spine.i will ask my doctor for GABAPENTIN.

thank you again

• Posted

Hi IndyJane, how is the progesterone helping you? I have low progesterone and took bioidentical progesterone and it actually made the fibroid grow. 😦

• Posted

How many cm is your fibroid? I have an 11cm fibroid and also have had issues with normal painkillers not working. Esp when I get really bad back pain in the middle of the night. One thing that sometimes works is taking 1 Duexis (high-dose Advil that contains stomach medicine to protect your stomach) and a Flexerol (muscle relaxant). Both are prescription. The only thing with the muscle relaxant is it can make you really drowsy so you wouldn't take it during the day if you were going anywhere, esp driving. Also I take magnesium. I feel your pain. Wishing you good health.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.