What meds help anxiety and depression the most??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been depressed for most of my life, and it's always the same a doctor prescribes a medication that does absolutely nothing but make me feel nauseous. I'm suffering from anxiety to but the same happens with those meds to.

I'm annoyed that I can't sleep one night without having panic attacks or just not being able to close my eyes because my anxiety is taking over. And I can't ever be happy because of my depression, it's annoying when you just want to feel better for once in your life but you can't.

If someone could tell me what meds that actually really help with anxiety and depression could they tell me so I could tell my doctor and she can prescribe me with them.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Astronomy 

It’s so hard with antidepressants, as we are all different and what one fines good another can’t cope... this is what Iv been on,

I was on trazadone for 15 years which was great for ME, I didn’t have any side effects from them, and they helped me to sleep well every nite, but unfortunately, they stopped working for me, so I then went on to Mirtazapine, as my depression came back, and anxiety, and along with that no sleep, this med worked for around 4 weeks with the sleep, so great I throught, but then the nitemares started, and after giving it 6 months to settle down, the nitemares were so bad (4/5)a nite, and felt so real that I couldn’t sleep no more, so off them ones 🤔 so now I’m on Prozac ( fluoxetine ) which for 3 months there were bad side effects, but I got through them, and it’s been 8+ months on these and my life is great now, all side effects gone and I can live and smile again...

But some people can’t handle the side effects from this med, and have to come of them, but it is a very good med once it as settled down, just very slow to kick in..

I won’t come off Prozac now unless it stops working, as I feel the best Iv done for a long while..

But that’s ME, think all I can say is trail and error on which med you will find works for you...

Depression is alfull to live with, and can destroy lives, so it’s worth trying different meds untill you find one.. good luk and keep talking on here 🤗x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.