What meds, supplements work best for you?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello,

a friend of mine has been diagnosed with GF last year and I've noticed that since then she has had similar symptoms to yours.

Searching for answers on what to do to help her is how I found the forum.

I must say that it has been humbling that in trying to understand more about this, by reading your experiences, made me see how much I take my health for granted.

I noticed that there doesn't seem as much detail on what kind of medication / supplements / vitamins are working best for you.

Just a list of what proved most effective in your case in order of what you rely on the most would be very welcome. Any further detail on how, when to take, dosage or any other techniques on how to maximise the results would be of potential huge benefit to all those looking for answers on the forum an online.

Greatly appreciated and best regards.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there Puss in Boots,

Sending best wishes for your friend and hoping that things settle down soon - the virus can be so difficult to deal with and the lingering effects certainly make it difficult mentally and emotionally as well as physically.

I had glandular fever about 10 years ago, and like many it took me many months to start to feel recovery. I'm no doctor or medical expert just to say, but my experience in terms of vitamins and supplements is that a good strong multi-vitamin each day is important (I take Immunace here in the UK still today), B complex and Co-enzyme Q10 are good for energy levels, high doses of Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day) also I would recommend as well as immune boosting herbs such as siberian ginseng or echinicea. Ensuring enough levels of Vitamin D also very important.

Whilst these won't make the virus go away overnight, they certainly will help boost the immune system and hopefully help in the recovery process.

Remember it can take a bit of time but your friend WILL get better without any doubt I believe that. As many of these forums say, including me, so many go through months and months of symptoms nad wonder if they ever will get better, but recovery does come so don't panic if it still takes a bit of time for your friend - they will make a full recovery.

Craig

• Posted

Good question. I take Omega 3 (only worth doing if you can afford one without heavy metals and with lots of the active ingredients) b vitamins, c, d and selenium. The vitamins & selenium are good for immune system (needs these to function). I also sometimes take iron and magnesium as a spray as I tend to get low in iron and it's good for immune system. Magnesium spray is good for aching muscles. And I try to eat nutrient rich food when possible. Also worth remembering not to take mega doses of things that your body can't expel easily (vit c large doses are fine) in case you get the opposite problem and too much! Good luck to your friend.

• Posted

I have found green tea, raw orgainic coconut oil, vitaminD and C for me. The coconut oil as a mouth rinse. Ask Dr, about the dosages for Vitamin D and C, I had to have ore D as I was deficient,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.