What method are you cooking most of your meals?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Yesterday I went out and purchased a "Ceracraft" frying pan, which  is brilliant incidentally! It was on offer at Asda and makes terrific omelettes with just a few squirts of 1 cal oil.

I'm interested in how you guys are cooking most of your meals, with little or no oil/fat? Also what do you put in your sandwiches in place of butter/marg/mayo? Mine seem to be so flipping dry! I can cope without butter, but I'm really missing mayonnaise :-(

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

4 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm not starting my pills until tomorrow but I'm worrying what il actually eat as I love salads and veg but I have to have sauces I absolutely hate dry food. Also if I follow the slimming world diet which plan so people suggest? 
    • Posted

Hello and welcome to the forum Natalia :-)

Dry food is a problem for me too, I have such a job to swallow it!

I have tried putting tomatoes in my sandwiches for work, but by the time I get to eat them the sandwishes are all soggy!

Although I love salad and have taken a tupperware box of it to work on occasions, I do enjoy having the odd sandwich. I'm not sure there is a way around it, but thought someone in the forum may just have an idea!

I really must join SW, I keep putting it off because I've been mega busy with guests and work

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Precipitusdaisy my husband removes the seeds from the tomatoes. Works fine, sometimes he doesn't get to eat his sarnie until 2 pm, when it's been made at 5 am and it's not soggy!!
    • Posted

Wow! what a good idea..... I could do that with cucumber too!

Thank you for that fab tip :-)

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I follow the Sw extra easy plan and grill or fry in fry light low cal spray. Similarly if I roast I use fry light. 

Over the past 4 weeks I have lost 2.5, 2.5, 1.5,1.5. Which I am delighted with, it has taken 3 weeks previous to this fir my body to become accustomed to the pills, but now a steady loss is happening. I also use MFP app and fluctuate between 1200 and 1300 cals a day. 

I have bought the Fakeaway Sw recipe book and found done fab menus. 

It appears to be working now fir me but doesn't suit everyone xx

• Posted

Hi Andrea :-)

Firstly well done on your consistent weight loss, its great when things start moving and you can actually feel/see some results!

I have MFP too, but I am blowed if I can remember to use it.

At the moment I am craving odd foods (for me) like "bubble and squeak" I will have a bash at making that under the grill tonight with a few squirts of 1 cal.

Food seems to be everywhere around me at the moment as I am cooking lots of fancy things for a group of Chinese Proffessors that I am hosting, I am having to cook "dangerous stuff" for them loaded with fat and calories. They are gone in a couple of weeks and then all the fattening food is going to my friends! lol

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Afternoon smile

I use the grill or stovetop never use any oil, if I'm 'frying' onions or something that needs breaking down I just add boiling water instead, and I use cottage cheese on a sandwich instead of butter?

Kept meaning to buy a spray bottle for oil but as usual I haven't got araound to it lol

I'll certainly be investing one of those pans was dying to hear what it was like ,so pleased with that.

• Posted

Hiya Shelagh :-)

Yep! I am really please with the frying pan Shelagh, its so easy to clean too! I was really please to find one of my clear sacupan lids fits it to perfection. :-) I dont think I shall bother with the saucepans though, they are a wee bit on the expensive side.

I have used cotttage cheese in my sandwiches also, its ok if you can eat them straight away, but still makes the bread soggy by the time luch time comes at work. I have been making my own coleslaw (without mayo) to put in sandwiches, but it just dont taste the same :-(

I dont know Shelagh, the things you have to suffer to be beautiful and slim!....be worth it in the end huh?

Maybe you can put cooking oil in your own spray bottle?

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

I'm going to try using creme fraiche instead of mayo next time I make a sandwich, I tried the lighter than light mayo cos it's allowed, but it's pointless as it doesn't taste of anything! I had creme fraiche last night in my fajitas instead of sour cream, that worked a treat so it's sandwiches next! 
    • Posted

Its worth a try in sarniesTams, let me know how it tastes.

Yummy, I like the sound of the chicken fajitas with creme fraiche, have to give them a go for sure.

Gosh you are making me hungry, time to drink a bottle of water I guess!

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Wok I do a mean chinese , a couple of sprays of fry light , and bob's your uncle . 

No other fat used. 

Quick and easy or grill xx

• Posted

You cook a mean Chinese?

I'm Bobs *Auntie Daisy* and I am inviting myself round to sample your lovely cooking! lol cheesygrin

Im sick to the back teeth of cooking at the moment, I shall be glad when my Chinese bunch have left. They are really nice ladies, but I am starting to feeling like a performing seal when it comes to cooking, as they are wanting to try all the English traditional meals. Each night they take a photo of what I have cooked and put it on their version of Facebook, with the name of the dish....last night I was really naughty and cooked something that I told them was called "who-flung-dung" the devil gets in me sometimes frown Now its all over their facebook as a traditional English meal!rofl.

Bad bad Daisy x

///*.*\\\\

• Posted

That is too funny, just ROFL at work at mo with the thought of them thinking that's the name of a traditional english dish!! what was it that you cooked them? x
    • Posted

Erm....it was left over veggies from Sunday lunch *Bubble and Squeak*

I did not fancy explaining the meal in depth to them and can you imagine trying to explain the name bubble and squeak! It was far easier to call it "who-flung-dung"

I overheard them talking to their families in China on the phone, I nearly split my sides with laughter on hearing them repeat the name of the dish!

A harmless bit of fun on my part hopefully cheesygrin

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.