What method are you cooking most of your meals?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Yesterday I went out and purchased a "Ceracraft" frying pan, which  is brilliant incidentally! It was on offer at Asda and makes terrific omelettes with just a few squirts of 1 cal oil.

I'm interested in how you guys are cooking most of your meals, with little or no oil/fat? Also what do you put in your sandwiches in place of butter/marg/mayo? Mine seem to be so flipping dry! I can cope without butter, but I'm really missing mayonnaise :-(

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

4 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I use my ceracraft frying pans for everything lol dry frying meat, making currys, bolognaise, chilli con carne. omlettes and scrambled eggs are amaxing in them but use silicone utensils not metal or wood. They dont stick and the dont stain. plus they are so easy to keep clean
    • Posted

Steph, when you make spag bol/chilli CC which type of mince do you use? (that sounds a really stupid question now I've read it back to myself) but in Asda/sainsburys there's 10%, 5% etc...how do you determine which one to use. I'm going to miss mayo, but I suppose if I stick to the 5g per 100g fat content then I'm going to be ok!! x
    • Posted

i use quorn mince. sorry for the late reply its been a while for me on here.
  • Posted

Recently I bought Redmond multicooker and start to make healthy food for my family. Normally I'm using it to make soup, steam fish, chicken or veggies. Multicooker really saves my time and moreover it helps to keep all vitamins and minerals in my food. Sometimes I'm making yougurt in it. 
    • Posted

have never heard of them - where did you get your redmond?
    • Posted

Hi, I've ordered it from their official web-site. I believe it's forbidden here to share the straight links. So, better google Redmond multicooker. Mine is 110 model, I bought it few months ago and really happy to have it. I'm trying to make new healthy meals every week. Before I was simply lazy to do it. 
    • Posted

so what do u usually cook in it, which dish tastes good????
    • Posted

I'd rather advise you to use multicooker to make some healthy good. Usually I'm making steamed fish, chichen breasts and vegetables. You also may try vegetarian soups and stew with white meat. Better to say, when you are using Redmond multicooker, the meal becomes more healthy (cause you can choose proper temperature mode) and keeps all vitamins. 
    • Posted

oh nice

can one bake something healthy in this Redmond?

• Posted

Well, for baking in Redmond multicooker you need to use flour and it cannot be considered as a 100% healthy food. But sometimes I'm making omlett or veggie pie in that. Let's consider it as a compromise between delicious and healthy food. 
  • Posted

Hi

I don't have sandwiches that much since starting this diet but I have found that flora light is within the 5g per 100g fat so is also Helmans extra light which I think is about 3g per 100g but I do also have sandwich pickle which is the small chunks and I've not had any side affects which has made it easier for me to feel that I can eat the same as the rest of my family or should I say they now eat the same as me as they haven't noticed the difference.

Also when I was in asda the other day I saw some WW salad dressings which weren't that bad with the fat content so picked them up but haven't tried them yet.

Good luck

Michele xx

• Posted

Like the others, I use Fry Light or the grill or griddle for cooking, or bake in the oven. As for sandwiches,I sometimes make a banana sandwich. If you squash it down the sliced bananas don't fall out and it's nice and moist. Sometimes I have Marmite and cucumber. Spread 5g butter on one slice of bread, top with Marmite and lots of cucumber, then the top unbuttered slice will stick! Philadelphia do 3% fat mini portions and I have one of those instead of butter on Ryvita (or bread will do) with something else on too as an open sandwich. As for mayo substitutes, I buy low fat caesar dressing which is delicious mixed in a salad, or I add it to say tuna in a jacket potato. I know Waitrose and Sainsbury's both do it, and I'm sure other supermarkets do as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.