What music helps to alleviate your depression?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have found I rely on music a lot during my depression to lift my mood, especially when I am feeling exceptionally hopeless or sad.

What music or artists have helped uplift you in dark times?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes, music does uplift. 

it is individual choice. 

i listen to music with deep relaxation and concentration. further, i try to raise my consciousness/mind to the depth from where words seem to be originating, which means, i try to connect to depth from where this inspiration is streaming. 

It is scientific because at deeper level, (where we are closer to soul), we are naturally positive and full of insipiration. when we go away from soul into matter bound world, we are bound to lower concerns and subject to worldly outcomes/vibrations.

so one should daily try to raise one's consciousness into deep calmness , at least twice a day, upon waking up and before going to sleep. 

• Posted

Tuneyards nicki nak album.

Group love

Alt I

I'll put more down later.

• Posted

Hey there im in agreement with the other comments its a personal choice. But when down i always find relaxation in my celtic chillout album & similar types xx

• Posted

Tibetan monk chant music with singing bowls and longhorns can be quite zone inducing.
    • Posted

I luv some not all pan pipes harp & gentle steel pans xxx fab.

• Posted

Bob Dylan's music really got me through some down and out times. I'll never forget that.

• Posted

Hi first of all i want to thank you for your question! smile alot of you will relate to me when i say its a battle to accept a good thing and because ive stared at these feeds with the urge to talk to anyone so bad but feeling useless because i cant bring myself to rolleyes i would like you to know your my first step!!

Music has always been my passion! i really did used to feel alive and lyrics always grab me. what makes me sad is developing depression/anxiety i got to a point where music started to scare me i'd avoid it because i relate so much to it i felt it only opened my wounds to feelings i was hiding from and the feeling to using it as a release to it being an enemy made me angry. But im in a situation where music isnt my choice anymore ive had to face it and because of that i had to train myself to not see it as a bad thing and because of that i thank the situation i was going though because it kept my passion alive.

I find it helps to feel connected to people who have felt this struggle because no matter what problem caused it no matter how big or small we are all fighting the very same demons so i feel comforted by artists like Demi Lovato who fought her way out of drug addiction and depression! her songs to me scream out her strength and give me hope i can beat this one day and Eminem his lyrics tell me im not alone. my first step to help is the feeling people understand its not an over reaction and that to make me better i NEED help.

• Posted

Such a great post. Xx music can also make u sad thats true. But music definately has a message to tell in its lyrics. As in yr screen name, stay strong xx
    • Posted

thank you very much, ive realised music is written but made to hear what you want to hear, ive noticed i can listen to a song and feel several different meanings, a song will only be sad if you want to see it as sad! its more disappointing when the songs we choose most as sad music are written with a romantic and loving intention sad more people need to know this!! its what should make us appriciate the little freedom we really do have smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.