What nightwear/clothing

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi due to how bladder repair and was thinking what sort of nightwear would be best, suppose front opening so don't have to pull over head and also,best day wear for first few weeks.  Thank you for any help or books I could read is really appreciated

thank you Kim 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Gosh I'd never thought about nightwear! Something else to put on my list. I'm on cancellation list for repairs/hysterectomy /fixation and just bought book and dvd by michelle kenway about safe 3x excising after. I think she did an earlier book too just called 'inside out' too so that might have more general stuff in it maybe. Good luck! 😊 xx

• Posted

I took my normal nightwear and pulling over head wasn't any problem. I got dressed on discharge day into my usual clothing I had always worn and did that everyday forth. Your repair will be done vaginally right? You need loose clothing for hysterectomy, but probably nothing special needed for bladder repair. 

• Posted

Hi Kim, I'm 10 weeks post op for a hysterectomy with anterior repair. Definitely nice loose comfy tracksuit bottoms for a while. I returned to work 2 weeks ago and still find my normal trousers/ day wear a little uncomfortable around the tummy and you don't want anything too tight round your nether regions! Hope all goes well for you, I'm sure it will, it will be a lovely relief once it's done and your on the mend. Look after yourself. Jo x

• Posted

I think anything loose and comfortable would be ok.  If you want nightwear for the hospital, use a nightgown as you will have a catheter.  I think I was just in a hospital gown and I left in yoga pants.

As for books, I found a book by Sue Croft on recovering from gynaecological surgery.  I bought it as an ebook from amazon in the US and it was ten dollars.  It was also available in the UK.  I thought it was incredibly helpful.

Best of luck to you - I hope your surgery and recovery go smoothly.

• Posted

Thank you very much going to buy the book x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.