What no tablets

Posted , 4 users are following.

last night I forgot to take my medications and my problem I have is waking nightmares. I split my drugs and take the ones that make me sleep before bed. Tramadol Citalopram and Amytrtptalene to name a few so I was feeling exhausted in the morning and had to take my night tablets in the morning with all my morning drugs. So today I have looked like something the cat brought in.

I am not allowed to handle my medications so my Wife is responsible for my medications, because of my Chronic Pain and Depression. because I have severe Depressions sometimes.

So tonight I am back on course with my medications. I suppose I should have said something to Hazel last night, I have a poor memory and have to sometimes rely on others as far as medications are concerned.

I wish I was taking more responsabilities for my actions, sad to say my medications prevent me remembering some things

BOB

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

I'm going though the beginning stages of the same thing you are talking about, struggling to organize my thoughts and taking my vitamins etc. Reading and writing are getting harder.  I took care of my husband's needs the last three years of his life; he had cancer, I was honored to do it and I am sure Hazel is as well.  

I understand, but be kind to your you. Don't beat yourself up. 

Dee

• Posted

Sh**t happens no one has perfect memory even if they don't have depression!!! Like my husband says when I am a anxious mess "for better or for worse he loves me" !!!!

• Posted

Thank you 19 years of being with my husband I am very blessed!
    • Posted

It is interesting. I have had many friends who lost their husbands.  The ones who had good realtionships, loved seeing and hearing about other's happy relationships. The folks that were unhappy in marriage, were angry when they  heard about happy loving relationships.  

It is a true blessing to have respectful, helpful, kind, intellegent men in our lives.  I miss my husband, he died too young, but he was a thoughtful honest, ethical man and never abusive.  We need more men llike that.  

Thank you for sharing your joy with me.  It was refreshing. 

• Posted

I am so sorry about your husband my heart goes out to you! Thank you for your kind words!
    • Posted

Back to the world of the living

B.

• Posted

Ah, Bob, dear, and were the positions reversed? If Hazel needed help with meds?

What then?

You would not give it a second thought. You would be more than willing to ensure she was "cared " for in that respect

I assume you have been married many years as I have? Such marriages last because of unselfishness, born out of love, Bob, It is sharing the load, working together in all areas of the union

There are times, circumstances, we we might need to lean on each other for help, support. Such support is given freely, gladly, Bob

That's not sad, Bob

That's love, dear smile

• Posted

Thank you pet

Been married now for near on forty years.

Time passes so quick when we are pensioners, still so much to see and do

Bx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.