What not to eat or drink?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

Does anyone else find that certain foods or drinks make the condition worse or is it just me?  Had a really good run of 5 days free of any symptoms and then had a few glasses of wine over the weekend and things are back to being bad again i.e. burning, stinging, itching.  I thought that I had turned a corner after 3 months of feeling awful but now back to square one.

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

luckily I can have the odd glass but to much chocolate or sugar sets me off 
  • Posted

Hello ladies,

I found quite a while ago that anything acidic or sugar loaded started the cycle of pain. So, sadly, I now only have low alcohol drinks such as a good cider (which looks just like champagne when others are drinking it) settles my tummy as well as tasting good. In fact, a good cider, for me, tastes better than the cheaper sparklings. One glass does me for the entire meal. I have trained myself to just enjoy this perhaps once a week. I also have a damaged liver from haemochromatosis. And so it goes.......

Cheers or rather bottoms up, LuLu

• Posted

Gwen sounds like you have found  something you cant drink and thats wine, if i drink any alchohol it affects my bladder in no time, probaly the sugar.some get migraines, give up the wine for a while then take it agin, if you get a repeat pattern then avoid for good, i take it the itching stinging and burning is the uretha/ bladder , or is it the other region too?
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Susan. The problem is in my vagina. I had a vaginal hysterectomy earlier this year and was great for 6 months and then had a urine infection and course of anti-biotics and since then I have been driven mad with the burning and stinging. Doctor gave me Ovestin cream which seems to help some days but not others so that's why I think it is associated with food and drink.
  • Posted

In the book. By Ron Gellately, very informative , "The Key to External Youth & Vitality"There is a chapter where he talks about sugar and yeasty food affecting the candida in your body
    • Posted

Thanks Sus, will see if I can read up on it. I am totally confused with the whole Candida thing!
  • Posted

I always found mine got worse after l treated myself to a lovely hot chocolate when shopping. Since then I realise that it's best to try to avoid yeast and sugar. Sadly that means reading labels and definately limiting bread and alcohol and sweet lovelies.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Deb. Will cut both out and see if it helps.
    • Posted

Hi Gwen had burning stinging irritated bladder as skin gets thinner so easy to get the irritation. Boil up pearl barley with lemon peel in it three quarters of a large cup of pearl barley rinse first the add six large cups of water cook for 30 mins strain and squeeze two lemons into liquid left throw away barley drink soothes bladder 

D mannoose from health shop also does look at herbal hands site they have good things for bladder problems drink loads flushes bladder through. Apply loads of Vaseline so uric acid misses delicate bits. Hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.