What Now

Posted , 4 users are following.

The neurologist I was using at Mayo Clinic thought I had Autonomic Nervous System Disfubction due to traumatic brain injury, (I have had several). I finally got a tilt table test from a different Cardiologist since VA doesn't work with Mayo Clinic any more. The test was normal but all my symptoms show ANSD. The Cardio doesn't think so and thinks it is inner ear preessure. I have had a thorough exam of the ear and inner ear from Autio at VA and all is normal. Cardiologist put me on another BP medication and quadrupled the one I was on and also gave me an old time antihistimine for inner ear pressure. I have been on these meds for 2 weeks and nothing has changed. Vertigo, SOB, falling, chest pain, dizzy, unable to focus and Thursday I got confused driving in a known area. Took about 20 minutes of driving around till I figured out where I was. Cardio did the fouth Angiogram and it is clean.

Now what?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi hope i can be of some help if you are in the UK the only autonomic unit for testing is at Queens squre London they do as i found out much more than the basic tilt table testing that a cardiologist can arrange (it includes multi testing during the tilt test inc. taking blood and is better than the cardio version) your symptoms seem in keeping with lymes disease have you been tested for that ?
    • Posted

thanks for the reply Vicky. I live in the US and I have a Mayo Clinic/hospital 50 miles away but they don't work with VA and I can't afford the cost. I used Mayo till 2014 at whicch time VA started using another provider. There are only 3 hospitals through out the US working with Auto system. I have never been tested for Limes but have had several traumatic brain injuries and that is where the Mayo Neurologist was looking. My fist blackout was in 2000 and they looked at the heart but it was clean. Over the years the symptoms have been multiplying and intensifying.  I am going to checdk with VA and see what we can do now. I have sold my motorcycle and have to be very aware of how I feel when/if I drive. I have lost balance and fallen many times and have had 2 episodes of syncopy while driving. I get chst pain and SOB so I use inhaler and Nitro tabs. I have Asthma, COPD  but Pulmonologist and Cardiologist say this is not the cause of the problem. So the search continues.

• Posted

Hello Kenaz,

What are the names and locations of the three hospitals in the USA that help with the autonomic system? Any specific names of doctor(s)? Thanks!

• Posted

The most commonly recognised symptom of Autonomic Dysfunction is POTs, it is this aspect that the tilt table checks for, but if you look into Autonomic Dysfunction, you will find you can have all its many symptoms, or just a single one of them.
  • Posted

Vertigo can be cured. You need to have the crystals in your inner ear put back into place. Then, you won’t have vertigo any more. My Mom went through this and it worked over 20 yeas ago. Read about it and find some one that knows how to do this technique.  She never got vertigo again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.