What part of shouder unfreezes first?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It would be intresting to see if there is  common pathway in the thawing stage. Which range of motion tends to come back first and followed by....

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Suspect it's different for all but I play darts and I'm unable to straighten my arm so that it's perpendicular. I. e. Straight up and down as if to throw a dart. My physiotherapist and masseuse tell me that the ability to straighten my arm up is one of the last things to come back.

• Posted

Thanks Paul. That is the same as my Physio said. He said in his experience the first thawing part appears to be a little more range of movement by your back pocket side which then gives a little opening to the capsule for the rest to hopefully  follow as the days go by. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.