Posted , 8 users are following.
I'm new to this forum. Live in Texas and have had achalasia for 16 years. It is now so bad that I need surgery. I'm desperate!!! I wrote up a few questions to ask my surgeon at our consultation on June 5 and wonder if some of you with more experience having had a Heller Myotomy with fundoplication could add other questions. These are mine:
1. What type of fundoplication do oyou perform with HM?
2. How many HMs have you performed?
3. What is the success rate of your patients?
4. What are possible post-surgery side effects?
5. How long does the surgery take?
Many thanks for your input.
1 like, 36 replies