Posted , 5 users are following.
Hi All.....thought is might be useful to have one thread listing all our ideas about pre-surgery preparations. Please keep adding ideas so in the end it will be a nice long list ! Thanks
My goal was to be able to get through the most difficult period independently (I live alone)
1. Alot of cooked single portion meals which I froze (chicken, meatballs, hamburgers, brisket..go crazy !)
2. Stocked up on longer lasting fresh fruit and vegetables (apples, oranges, grapefruit, clementines, tomatoes, celery, carrots, potatoes).
3. Supplemented with frozen fruit and vegetables (berries, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans)
4. Stocked up on yogurt( VERY important if taking antibiotics after surgery) , cheese and eggs
5. Hardboiled a dozen eggs (so convenient to grab and go)
6. Made and froze two kinds of soup. (so comforting!)
The following aids good to have
1. Knee scooter...a lifesaver. Cannot say enough about how it helped do this on my own both inside and outside the house. Could not have done without it. (Possible to rent or buy...if buying check out Amazon and Ebay...much cheaper than local medical supply stores)
1.(b) Removable basket for the knee scooter..bought and installed at a bicycle shop.
2. Shower stool and hand shower
3. Plastic cast/foot protector for showering (Amazon)
4. Ortho wedge pillow 10" (Amazon) (easy to elevate above heart with this)
5. Small cooler for keeping ice/gel packs cold beside bed...fewer trips to the freezer !
6. Wide bottomed track pants/yoga pants. (Need width for getting on/off over bandaged foot and elastic waist for quickest pit stops...you won't want to linger on foot/feet longer than necessary for a while !)
Happy shopping ! LOL
0 likes, 4 replies