What problem does my knee have ? When kneeling down, feels like a wound stretching

Posted , 4 users are following.

Of late, when I kneel down, in my right knee, slightly under where lateral meniscus sits, I feel a painful stretch. It's as if I had a cut in the skin and its being stretched.

Does anyone know what I am going through ?

I have been to the GP and he thinks it is pes anserine bursitis - but I have looked up the symptoms and it doesn't look like I got a correct diagnosis.

I haven't changed anything in my schedule - no running or putting my knee through additional load/activities.

Nothing else aggravates it. I cannot avoid kneeling down at least once a day - but I don't know how I could do that painlessly.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Can't edit the question, but instead of 'slightly under where lateral meniscus sits' I meant to say 'very slightly ABOVE where lateral meniscus sits'

• Posted

I can't help with what the pain might be, but in the meantime could you kneel on a cushion to ease it, or even rest your shin on the cushion with the knee above the cushion to take the pressure off it? There's more than one bursa in the knee so it could still be bursitis.

• Posted

had my TKR a year ago and cannot kneel on knee as to uncomfortable and unbearable so have to adapt best as possible .

Recently have been getting pain below knee and to each side below awaiting a further x ray and scan just constantly aches and feels heavy ??

• Posted

Hi happy,

Yes I understand! I get that all the time whenever I try to kneel down. I had mine down 2 and half years ago!!!I think its where the wound has knitted together and it has become tight because of the scar tissue. I cannot still bend my knee any more than 90 degrees even though I have done all the excersizes and followed all the information that I had been advised.

Its a nightmare, because theres lots of things that I cant do now,I like Yoga and cannot do half of the excersizes because of this.

I think this operation is not all it is made out to be. |There is always something that wont be quite as you probably thought it might be.

The surgeon even told me that.

Hopoe all goes well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.