What’s 5 symptoms you have after gallbladder removal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm having pain after gallbladder removal and am wanting anyones experiences of where their pain resides etc., to know I'm not alone. Having odd pains during eating certain foods.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had my gallbladder out 12 months ago. Approx 3 months after I started suffering with urgent , frequent bowel movements .

Fast forward to now and several drs appointments later I have finally been diagnosed with Bile acid malabsorbtion .

This is a condition which can occur when we have no gallbladder.

In my experience Drs don't seem to know much about BAM .

I did all my own research and I actually told my Dr what I thought it could be, then I was finally sent to a Gastro consultant.

There is medication I can take (bile binders) which I pick up today.

If anyone has a change in their bowel habits mention the condition to your Dr's .

As far as pain, I sometimes get slight pain were my gallbladder used to be.

• Posted

my pain is in my right shoulder and on my right side. i cant even cough or laugh

• Posted

Hello, I had my gallbladder removed 9 weeks ago and I am nauseous and feel sicker after eating, I have pain where the gallbladder used to be but that has gotten a little better. I have also been lightheaded and getting daily headaches or migraines. I've been told it can take up to 6 months to recover, hopefully it won't take that long. When did you have your gallbladder out and how are you feeling today?

• Posted

Mine started bothering me as i got older, about 7 years after removal.

Have had blood tests, ultrasound, mri, ctscan, doppler and hilda scan and all showed normal size of everything. GI said overall things looked good, but that i gerd, mild gastritis, duodenum reflux, small sliding hiatal hernia.

i too have pains where gallbladder used to be after certain foods, pains in shoulder blades and in my right back area. Thats why i started this post to see the numerous crazy symptoms life without a gallbladder causes. Digestive enzymes and small meals seem to help some.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear you're having these symptoms and so long after removal of your gallbladder. How long did it take you to recover after you first had your surgery, did you have any bad side effects after like you have now? It is true, people can seem to have some crazy symptoms after this surgery and its hard to figure out why. I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi there

i am 5 weeks post op and im still experiencing constant nausea that no anti nausea meds will touch, consipation, diarhera, weakness, feeling shaky. i also throw up bile sometimes in the morning. i have a appointment with a GI doctor in 2 weeks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.