what's a knock u out sleep med?

Posted , 3 users are following.

mt zipiclone does not work anymore.  doc gave me quetiapine.  took 50 last night.. still didnot sleep well.  does it work better at a higher dose?

desperately in need of aproper sleep

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi suzie,

Quetiapine is a slow release drug, how long have you been on it? X

• Posted

i didn't knowit was slow release..does that meam you feel it more the next day?
  • Posted

Ask your doctor, not strangers  on the internet!   I assume by "50" you don't mean 50 tablets??????

As far as I know any medication which will get you to sleep won't last all night anyway and no medication is a good idea long term.   I assume you've tried other ways to sleep better?

• Posted

hi jude,

50mg.. and yes i did get this from my doctor.  i have tried all methods, but my try of antidepressant the doctor told me to tke zipiclone which lost it's effect.  i don't know what else to do.  i have to wait to see doc

• Posted

I have been using zopiclone before I was prescribed Mirtazapine. It knocked me out at 15 mg and I slept 10 hrs straight. But it also made me gain weight and that's a no go, so I went back to zopiclone... despite the awful aftertaste.
    • Posted

Hi suzie, I've been on zopiclone on & off for years, docs put me back on it after come off mirt but it's not helping that much, taking me ages to fall asleep & then it's only for 3-4hrs😡

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.