What's causing my peripheral (leg) edema? (lab results included)

Posted , 4 users are following.

My legs and feet have been swollen for about 10 months now, more pronounced within the last 2 months.

Both legs are swollen, but the left one is more noticeable.

Symptoms...

1. I wake up to pee about 3 times, on average, every night.

2. The swelling is noticeably more reduced when I wake up in the morning.

3. No indentation when I press on swelling.

4. I noticed when I walk barefoot that it looks like there is jello under my skin, the way it giggles (very slightly) from the impact of my foot hitting the ground.

I do consume a lot of sodium, nothing crazy though.

My diet consists of mostly animal protein (in the form of boiled eggs), and complex carbs (white rice, noodles, white bread), sauce (mayonnaise), pastry, coffee, fruit juice. And that's about all of my diet. It's always sorta been that way so I don't think it's diet related.

Thoughts?

My lab results:

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the image icon at the top of reply boxes.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you overweight, are you inactive and seated most of the day

• Posted

Consider leaving out the starchy food such as noodles, white rice and try to eat mote water absorbing veggies such ad cabbage and celery, and probably dribk more water, it might help. Also consider seeing a dietician. Hope this helps

• Posted

Consider leaving out the starchy food such as noodles, white rice and try to eat mote water absorbing veggies such ad cabbage and celery, and probably dribk more water, it might help. Also consider seeing a dietician. Hope this helps

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.