What's everyone going through now?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been dealing with abdominal cramping, lower back pain, dizziness and fatigue. Miserable and stressed out. Anyone else?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cat

Not sure what age you are but I'm 62 and thought I was pretty much through all this but since Feb I've been suffering with severe fatigue and also shortness of breath. If I'm gardening and leaning over its really bad then, also when I first start out walking.

I went to the doc and she's ordered a blood test but wants me to think about HRT. I'm really not sure about starting it at my age, I've come this far without any.

It would be good to hear what others think, the fatigue has been a shock as I am one of life's busy people normally.

• Posted

The fatigue is horrible. Crushing fatigue is how I describe it. The insomnia definitely doesn't help. I'm 52 and haven't gone on HRT nor do I want to. Not sure if the pros outweigh the cons.. But I hear you; this whole thing is just exhausting, both physically AND emotionally ❤️

• Posted

I just turned 60 and like you thought I would be through this craziness by now. I have had every symptom there is and then some since 2009. The last couple of years I have noticed the symptoms have become more manageable, never completely gone, but more manageable. I thought the hormones were going to settle down. Then late last year I started to notice I just felt off, just not myself. By February of this year I had bottomed out, every menopause symptom I have ever experienced was back. It started with severe fatigue, not sleeping ,anxiety, nervousness, shaking and panic attacks. I am assuming a fluctuation of the hormones because all labs and tests have shown nothing. I have never taken HRT and had no clue you could take them this late into this process. It’s definitely been a journey for sure.

• Posted

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you're still having to endure this misery. And the thing is, we can't keep going to have every symptom checked out -- it's just not practical, financially at least. So we have to keep pressing on... Hang in there; hugs!!

• Edited

hey yes I only take them when its bad I dont take them regularly thank god! i tend to have a gaviscon tablet and my gut probiotics

• Posted

Hey There, Cat...

Right now, I am experiencing SEVERE itchiness! It is horrific, to say the least. It has been going on for the past two weeks now, it happens at night, when I prepare for bed! Smh!

• Posted

Oh no... do you mean your skin? Is there a rash? Or perhaps it's very dry or very moist?

• Posted

Hey Cass,

The itching is ALL over my body, and it feels like its underneath my skin. I am sure, it is because my hormones are fluctuating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.