What’s going on with me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am at 37 year old male UK, my symptoms started in 2019 with really bad right sided head pain which lasted for a good few weeks went back and forward to GPs had bloods taking and then got sent to hospital for a CT with contrast of the head. The results came back all normal but my symptoms had manifested into having really bad night sweats,nausea, feeling very light headed/faint like and mild pains in the chest, so then i got referred to a infectious diseases clinic as this all started after i came back from a week in Scotland and i work with raw sewage.

I had a mass of test done in this clinic 10 different blood test, 3 stool sample, 24 hour urine sample, ECG and a CT scan of head and torso with contrast and from all these test everything came back normal.

So back and forward to GPs i went had lots of blood test carried out for the like of Lymes, Weils and H pylori. I had chest X-ray, 2 more ECGs and i paid for a private MRI scan of my head all these test came normal as well.

But my symptoms had gained.

Brain feels fatigue when talking and learning stuff

dizzy/foggy heads and if i turn quickly i seem to get dizzy very easy

feeling like am not in control of my legs but i can move them fine

Migraine type head pains

burning/ itchy feeling in back of head ( lasts for a week or so )

waking up dizzy for short time ( only happened a handful of times)

left blood shot eye ( comes for a couple of days and goes)

nausea mainly in morning

chest pain/ burning in middle of chest( comes for few weeks and goes again)

Arm and leg muscle twitch( mainly when resting)

stiff and achy index and thumb on both hands( comes and goes)

crampy feeling in leg muscle ( only had this a few times)

burning feeling on outside of left calve ( only had this for a few days April 2020)

a feeling like i have a hair in between my big and second toe of my right foot ( lasted about a week)

pains in bottoms of my heels

tingling in my left toes when walking or i tap my toes( lasts about a week)

hands feel like they are wet ( only had this once lasted a few hours)

tingling in hands when clapping or using power tools

random spikes in heart rate only lasts a couple of seconds

feeling pulse in whole body

feeling shaky or nervous

stomach pains

never feel fully rested

muscle fatigue

tinnitus only lasts a couple of seconds

tongue feels arched ( lasted a few days)

So i was referred to a syncope clinic and had a tilt table test, 24 hr heart and blood pressure test and a echo of the heart these all came back normal.

I had a 20 mins phone call appointment with a rheumatology all he seemed to be looking for was arthritis as i have had psoriasis since 2013. so had X ray and echo of hands and feet and bloods done which have all came back normal.

So now i have been referred to neurology which i seen on monday but felt very rushed and all she seemed to focus on was my migraines. I have had some bloods taking and she is going to send me for more scans of the head and neck to rule things out but she does not think anything is going on ?

I have had 2 eye tests, private york food intolerance ( only mild to cows milk so now drink oat milk), private CBT and private Physio ( dry needling and massage).

I have been only sertraline 50mg for months made no difference

lansoprazole 30mg for 4 weeks made no difference

The only thing that has been suggested all the way though this is stress and anxiety ??? but why and how can it cause all this when i was fit and health before this all happened.

If you got this far thanks for reading any body had or know what could be causing any of these symptoms ?

thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello John, as I may not know what could be causing your symptoms, I can tell you for sure that my symptoms I'm experiencing now for the past two days, is very similar to yours. And I rushed to the ER for help, they did a physical check up on me and told me nothing was wrong, as I still have the nauseous feeling like I need to puke, but nothing has happened, my head feels tight and strange, I feel so dizzy and my muscles feel so weak, I feel so fatigue mostly where it's hard for me to stay awake in the morning, after getting good amounts of sleep. I spoke to my doctor before as I couldn't stop panicking about my health and he did a blood test on me before, urine samples and found nothing wrong, except that I have anxiety disorder by telling him what I do for a living which would be just working a full time job, working out and being home when I have days off from work, but I'm usually mostly alone which explains why I have anxiety and depression. It's really frustrating whenever I think my life is in danger and my doctor tells me my blood test came back normal. Anyone can experience anxiety anytime and just out of nowhere. It causes so many symptoms that you would never imagine it could do to you, it's scary. But I really hope you take care.

• Posted

hi thanks for the reply, there has been a lot of people and doctors tell me its anxiety but when you have to live like this every day for nearly 2 years its just so hard to believe it is anxiety. I am trying to find some answer to what is going on as i have a family and a house and bills to pay but finding it hard to go to work as i ve always got some sort of symptom that stops me.

• Posted

john You wouldn’t believe how many symptoms anxiety and stress can cause. Sometimes we have underlying stress that we are not even aware of and then all of a sudden we get all kinds of weird symptoms. maybe some of your symptoms are not related to anxiety but many are. You’ve had so many tests done so that’s what makes me think it is anxiety related. I have had most of your symptoms.I would suggest getting counseling to help you manage the anxiety.

Be careful how many CT scans you get. I’m not sure if I would keep getting them since your test results are all normal. I would instead start working on reducing my anxiety and stress and see how that goes. I do hope you feel better soon

• Posted

hi thanks for your reply, i have had a few phone call appointments with a therapist as only phone calls due to covid.

They only seem to help for a short while, i went to see a physio for dry needling and massage he went though anxiety himself and seemed to think mine was down to anxiety as well. So hopefully i can learn to cope with this and continue with my life at some stage.

• Posted

Can't they give you a Benzo (like Xanax) just to see if that helps calm things down? Then you would at least know it's anxiety.

• Posted

the only anti depressant that has been suggested to me is sertraline 50mg which i have tried twice both time this has not helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.