What’s Going On With My Throat?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So a month ago I had strep throat and I had antibiotics, but I didn’t really feel better even tho I no longer had strep so I went and got checked. I came back negative for strep, mono, and tonsillitis but they said my tonsils were so bad that they were treating me for tonsillitis anyway. I’ve been on antibiotics for about a week but they don’t seem to be getting better, in fact my throat might be getting worse. The inside of my throat is really yellow and I have one really swollen tonsil, the other side has a weird purple mark. I have a video but I don’t know how to post it. I’ve went online and say that sometimes the early stages of throat cancer go misdiagnosed if you don’t have a history of smoking and that’s making me very nervous. I don’t know what to do, I have no insurance and can barely afford to see a Walgreens clinic. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.