What's happening?? Perimenopause??

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm suddenly having weird symptoms I think may be perimenopause, but wondering if anyone else has these. Number one, my hairline is receding, my skin feels funny, itchy and like it's sliding off the bone. I get this weird gurgling thing when I eat and I'm immediately gassy and bloated. Heart flutters lately too and my face is puffy and bloated. Has this happened to anyone else?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Teresa,all sounds familiar! Im now 14 months into menopause but 2 yrs ago i started with the palpitations, increased anxiety, bloating, burping which can go on all day! Tests ruled out other things so it seems its 'ibs'. I also had a spell in peri with arthritic aches n pains but that has passed thankfully! Also my skins gone mad with acne for past 2 yrs. ive not noticed itchy skin but my mum said that was one of the few meno symptoms she got. Yes thinning hair too...and ive got fine hair anyway! I like the blue l'oreal fibrology thickening shampoo n conditioner or i use a thickening spray on the roots! Im on betablockers for anxiety and palpitations (as well as preventing migraines), sertraline for anxiety (was having lots of panic attacks) and evorel conti HRT patch (combined) and starting to feel better more of the time. Also having CBT for anxiety which is helping me manage it better.,hopefully in a few months i'll be able to drop the antidepressants and just have the HRT, as i didnt have any of these probkems when my hormones were flowing! Lol. These forums are brilliant for support and reassurance and in my experience doctors have little useful to say about menopause, so it helps to talk to women going through the same.

• Posted

julie, was just reading your post there.  Are you feeling better overall?  do you think the HRT is helping everything now especially the palpitations and are you getting any migraines now at all?  I know it's early days for you on HRT but interested as I had all of your symptoms while still having periods (although shorter, longer etc) and am still having them and although the 'big' symptoms like anxiety and palpitations have calmed down, I still get a hellish week AFTER my scanty period.  Just wantingt to see if HRT is next because sick of it all now.  Very interested to see how you go from here. thks

• Posted

Yes its still happening plz do chk a dr before u treat youself its a complicated confusing time for us women .

Do take care

• Posted

No hot flashes and my period is regular, so that's weird, but I have a bunch of other symptoms. Today it feels like my scalp is just burning. Not looking forward to this at all

• Posted

Hi Teresa yes this all sounds like perimenopause. I don't get hot flashes either but like you I get all types of other symptoms. My anxiety used to be real bad it still is at different times but not like before. It comes and goes. I get stomach issues too! Just do your best to be good and gentle with yourself. We will all get through this one day. Take care!

• Posted

yes I een get that gurgling sound in my throat! I get the rumbles in the tummy, heartburn and the list goes on. Itchy skin is horrible! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.