What's happening to me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I post on this site frequently but this is my first time on this subject.

I find it difficult to categorise, but here goes.

I am watching Bargain Hunt on BBC. It comes to the end and I look to my wife and say: they can't finish yet, they havn't taken the lids off the mushrooms.

She,rightly, stares at me and asks, what on earth are you talking about?

Well, as I was watching the programme I added visual information that I genuinely thought I had viewed where the teams were allowed to buy an extra bonus item which would have been picked out of a mushroom shaped dustbin by lifting the lid.

I swear I saw it while watching the same programme as my wife.

This has been happening to me for about 10-12 weeks now. Imagined conversations, viewing tv, I jump into family conversations such as, we have ran out of pickled onions, when the topic is nothing to do with it, but to me it is important to the conversation I am hearing.

Bit of background to me.

2011 serious accident t meant giving up work early, massive mental breakdown, on prozac as well as pain control. Had 19 sessions s of cbt councilling. I ha e an appointment for memory clinic next week

Any thoughts,

Mike.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well I feel for you Mike, as it's obviously troubling for you. It's a puzzle to me what could be causing it, but you need to tell your doctor about it and get it sorted if you can. Could it be brain-related damage from your accident?

• Posted

Hi pixie,

It could in a way.

After my accident, I fell off a ladder and banged my head against a wall pushing my head over to the left.

I now have severe cervical stenosis with spondylosis and myolepathy. My spine is impinged at levels C4,5,6 and 7..I think this could be obstructing blood supply or spinal fluid supply or oxygen, not sure just clutching at straws rather than start to think to much about Altzimers etc.

Thanks for your response.

Mike.

• Posted

What you describe doesn't sound like Alzheimer's to me, but it certainly needs investigation, I would have thought.

Pixie

• Posted

Mike

I found worrying about Dementia is counter productive when I went through the test, all it did was understandably make me worry and I found that had impliations to the actual results. If your neck disks are impinged the disks may have damage and hopefully that will sort itself given time, manipulation may help. With my car accident it is the nerves running down the spine that can cause problems. In my case it effects the tendons and nerves around my body caused by PsA..as well

Try and get through any tests they can give as well as you can if there is problems with blood or celebrial  blockages they will be able to see that with further tests including Lumber Punctures, I can never get used to those.

Good Luck 

• Posted

Well Mike my first thought is this :

1. Im thinking you prob. suffered some brain damage as result of your serious accident  and causing memory problems?   Doc ever talk to you about that ?

and  

2. Most prescription medications are going to cause cognitive and memory problems if taken long term....

Don't know what else to tell you .  Regards....JB

• Posted

mike

You need to partake in the Memory Clinic.

I was having probles with my short term memory and I had all th scans and five/six weeks of ental health tests. I was diagnosed with a congenital short term memory defect, they had done all th tests for Dementia and now I need a Pensioner CPN that is attached to the Crisis Team

Good luck with the clinic, let us know how you get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.