What's the point!

Posted , 6 users are following.

It's 2.30pm I'm still in bed, no energy or enthusiasm to get up, have chatted to my sister well she did most of the talking as I couldn't be that bothered. Dreadful thoughts going through my head, planning what to sort get rid of to make other people life better. Put on the face so people think everything is fine. Then just go when I'm ready. That sick sinking feeling is so strong I'm just a pathetic excuse of a human being. Just can't see any point at all today. Hope you all are having a better day..

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Tina I completely understand I'm currently in bed thinking the same.

Everyday is a struggle but the strength you have to keep going is incredible. You are so much stronger than you realise.

Anything can change at any moment & you'll see it will all be worth it.

If you're not already on meds I'd talk to your gp about starting some, might help give you a boost.

Take care

X

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, just been reading one of your previous posts just a reminder. Thank you. X I might even crawl out of bed now.
    • Posted

You're welcome, glad it helped.

You've inspired me to drag myself out of bed also.

Enjoy the rest of your day x

• Posted

alright, i pushed myself, and DO feel a bit better. i was in bed earlier, being miserable. saw i wasn't alone and got dressed a went outside for a walk around the house. doesn't sound all that productive...but i am feeling proud. thanks girls

• Posted

Well done Laura at least you went outside for a bit of fresh air biggrin

• Posted

Hi Sweetie,

Please don't beat yourself up. I am still in my pyjamas (well, it is the wknd!) so you are not alone in staying in your comfort zone. Leave that exhilirating walk in the bracing weather for another day eh? Yes we put on the mask for other people who can't understand what we are feeling. But you've come to the one place where you can be yourself and open up! You are a wonderful human being and it is a real privilege to "chat" to you across the Internet. We are all divided by distance but our state of health joins us together and makes us a family. You are not alone - we feel your pain. Don't worry that this day has drifted past you - it hasn't gone completely. Please find away to spoil yourself - a way of self-soothing as my therapist used to say! Find compassion for yourself and don't beat yourself up. Hard I know but it only compounds your suffering and you don't need to suffer more than the depression already inflicts. Sending you hugs and virtual love my friend. Just live for this day and let tomorrow take care of itself. xx

• Posted

Thanks Digsby

I eventually got up around 5, ate a packet of choclate biscuits I know not very good for you but at least it was something.

Just got back in, been out for a blast in the car playing loud music, so now riding the wave. 

Wine and TV now again not good either but what the hell.

Hope we all have a better day tomorrow, got snow forecast up here end of the week, great fun.

Hugs back . xx

• Posted

Hello tina

What has brought this on, ??

If you are feeling that low.

Contact NHS Helpline on Tel 111 and explain your depression and dark feelings.

Have you seen your GP lately, make an appointment and discuss what is going on.

Make a list of your feelings and negative thoughts.

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob

Thanks for your concern been feeling like this for a while again, few issues at work to sort out and life in general.

Been to my GP who pushed more drugs onto me which I haven't started yet being awkward cos I can or just stamping my feet. I don't want to go through all the side effects etc, etc. feel suicidal enough without getting worse.

Tried phoning NHS 24 the other week got put in a queue a period of time so my problems didn't seem as important to seriously ill people so hung up. 

Hope your not doing too bad in yourself and still looking into your project or has that been put on hold at present.

Tina

• Posted

Hello Tina

We are taking Level two Power Boating with Radio in March, then We will take sefety and level three by back end of Autumn, we may also take Boat Maintanance at the same time, so we will hopefully go on holiday on the West Coast or Ireland and its Canals for our holidays. I am watching several boats down on the South Coast, just have to wait and see.

Sometimes the getting to a point and not going ahead and doing the activity is enough and I will not take that pathway. Will do something else

If you need to chat I am always here, Life is never that straight forward especially with depression etc

BOB

• Posted

Hi Bob

That's great I'm so pleased that you are still following your dream, I quite enjoyed the radio course, especially as I scored more than a lot of the guys on the course who were completing a full maritime course. Still can't get on my sons boat parked outside his house just get that feeling of dread and panic. Hope he gets it into the water this year just got to get the trialer finished. 

This time of the year your likely to get a good deal on a boat before the season starts. 

Again if you ever get this far up the west coast give us a nod and we could meet up.

Thanks for the ear to chat, you look after yourself.

Tina x

• Posted

I know the feeling I haven't moved out of bed all day and I just don't feel like anyone's day would get better if I was there I looked at your reply to bob and my gp also just gave me more anti depressants which doesn't make life easier, hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

The last 3 different meds I was on for over a year made me more aggresive, violent to me, overweight and not any better so stopped them. Haven't been on any for a year no difference so again don't se the point in going through all that hassle to feel the same. I might get round to starting them but I am too afraid to take the risk of feeling worse then the withdrawel procedure.

Did you start yours? have they made any difference? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.