What's this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay so this came back.....

It first appeared back in 2011. The difference from last time is that the little balls developed over a course of like 2 days. Now, it developed over a course of minutes yesterday and my eye is visibly irritated. When I got this checked out three years ago, the doctor said it was herpes (not the sexually transmitted kind) and he gave me some horrible tasting syrup for it and it went away within a week. About a year ago t kind of wanted to go back, but it never really developed. I don't think it's a sty simply because it's not just a big red lump. It is several small, painful, itchy bumps that get covered in flaky things and it's starting to ooze out this white-yellowish substance. What could it be? Is it herpes again or...? I should also mention I tested positive for influenza on Monday. Could it be related to that? Any help would be helpful.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

  • Posted

    I don't know why my picture is upside down.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Many years ago, I was diagnosed with Fuchs's Heterochromic Cyclitis and I regularly had flareups of Irits as a result.  I was prescribed steroid drops.  More recently, the thinking has been that the Fuchs' is caused by the herpes virus.  I had had chicken pox as a baby, shingles at 11 and Glandular Fever at 18.

    The Ophthalmologists put me on Aciclovir 800mg/day split into 2 doses.  I still get flares but not as often and I still use steoird drops, though only one a day now.  They tell me that this is going to be my regime for the rest of my life!

    As for your lesions, if they thought they could be related to the herpes virus too, then it is possible that you might need treatment similar to mine.  Are you still under the hospital?  You need to discuss this with an Ophthalmologist.

    Good luck!


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    What country are you in?  You really ought to see an Ophthalmologist.

    You could try buying an ocular lubricant because if your eye is painful when you blink, it sounds as though it is dry but, you should see a doctor.  You only have one pair of eyes and don't waste time asking on forums, go and see a doctor who specialises in eyes - an Ophthalmologist.


    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      I'm in the States and my doctor advised me not to go anywhere public, like school, since I have the influenza, hence why I'm asking a forum for help. Thanks for the advice.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up