What's this?

Posted , 2 users are following.

There are small, skin toned bumps on my knuckles and a side of my forehead that won't go away. They aren't harmful they just look a bit annoying. Can someone tell me what they are?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Dyshidrotic eczema goes by many names, including foot-and-hand eczema, pompholyx, and vesicular palmoplantar eczema.[1] Dyshidrotic eczema is characterized by the appearance of tiny blisters on the palms, fingers, and soles of the feet.[2] The cause of this skin disorder is unknown, but several factors are known to trigger the condition, including exposure to nickel or cobalt, a fungal infection, allergies, and/or excessive stress. The skin affected by the blisters tends to get thicker and scaly with time, leading to itching, inflammation, and redness. You can treat dyshidrotic eczema with home remedies, and follow up with medical intervention for severe cases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.