What’s this black area on toenail?

Posted , 4 users are following.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How long have you had that black mark? Does the black mark seem to move when your toenail grows? Do you remember trauma to that toe? If not, then get to a dermatologist asap, because it could be Melanoma Skin Cancer, which is the most aggressive form. Amputation of your big toe is a big possibility! Please keep us updated!

• Posted

thank you for the reply, Ive just booked an appointment with my GP tommorow to find out. I think you're right and its melanoma subungueal, which has me worried now

• Posted

I can not tell you how relieved I am that you are taking this seriously! Please keep me updated, because I worry about everyone! Praying for you!

Gina

• Posted

just got back from the appointment and explained how i though it was melanoma and she examined it saying that it wasnt coming from the nail bed so she thinks its from trauma. i remember dropping something on my foot months ago and it bruised but the fact it didnt go away made me worry haha. She measured the size and if it grows in 6 weeks to go back.

• Posted

Hi Danny,

Did you go back in 6 weeks for a follow up appt? How is the mark on your toenail now?

• Posted

I would have thought melanoma also. If it stays in the same area as your nail grows, I'd definitely get a 2nd opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.