What's Wrong with Me?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Firstly I'm rushing to post this as I need to get to sleep and it's quite embarrassing. So it isn't in too much detail.

It's been a while now (weeks, maybe 2 month) I've had loose bowel movements but not runny like diarrhea. Increasingly coming common is after a meal I'll need the toilet around an hour or 2 later. I've also noticed an increase in smelly gas especially in mornings.

On top of this I've noticed that my stomach appears to have swollen especially towards the bottom. I've not been having any pain.

Any suggestions what this could be?

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

After dairy? Have you visitd gp for stool test? Xx
    • Posted

Well I've not touched dairy since yesterday afternoon and it doesn't seem as bad this morning yet and been up an hour. I'm going to avoid milk and coffee for the next few days to see how it goes. I haven't been the docs or anything yet.
  • Posted

I would suggest you keep a food diary along with a symptom diary. Keep this for 7 days then take the results to your GP. 

Ive had bowel issues for over 30 years I was sent to Whitechapel hospital in London and they were most helpful. 

• Posted

Well I haven't touched dairy at all today and I have felt a lot better. I'll try to avoid it for a while and see if my stomach goes down too
  • Posted

i have same thing, and its got to the stage when im at work i wont eat at break times as ill need the loo it governs my life now , ive had the tests and doc said it was diverticulitis , i have to take imodiums daily , and it helps . 
    • Posted

Have you tried what I'm doing and avoiding dairy for a while? I haven't touched coffee or milk today and I've noticed it's improved a lot.

I'm going to continue though just in case today was a fluke! :P If it gets better then I guess it's either the caffeine or lactose.

• Posted

i dont drink coffee or take much dairy ,, one cuppa a day i eat a lot of salads . even if i eat a biscuit in morning , i need to go .and get the discomfort in stomach.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.