What's wrong with me please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

ey guys. So I've been having these panic like symptoms where my body will have a full sensation of like cold and it gets hard to stand even cause I think I might stroke out or something. Hard to describe. But also I've been having these gaspy breathing symptoms at night primarily they were happening regularly in the day then it progressed into just at night time. Sleep is also AWFUL i get headaches the gasping for air symptom and wake up multiple times a night. My vision is now even being affected to where i can feel my eyes straining. Some things to also note is that I'm on Invega, and was on clenazepam and hydroxyzine when the symptoms all got a lot worse. They took me off the benzo and the hydroxyzine because of the breathing symptoms I've noticed the breathing symptoms after they combined those two medications (benzo and hydroxyzine). Also the full body sensation got worse after one night of some moderate drinking along with taking hydrozyzine to help me sleep.

Alcohol does postpone a lot of the symptoms I feel much better when I drink but only temporarily it does seem like it makes things worse later as I couldn't sleep for like 5 hours after getting only 3 hours of sleep. Also makes my breathing worse it seems like. Perhaps this is an effect of the medicine along with the alcohol not mixing properly?

Also I've been having this tingling in my head when I start to lose concept of reality where I zone out almost as if it's a siezure of some sort. So basically I went into the ER after calling the ambulance like 3x they checked my vitals multiple times and oxygen was really good. Then in the ER they did blood tests and admitting me in after saying I've been passing out (which isn't all true) I said this to get more atttention and not be passed up and looked over. 

After being admitted in - They looked at my heart and kept my blood pressure the entire 3 days or so we were there. My heart had some abnormal rythms that are seen in a heart attack they said. But I told them I felt fine other than the other symptoms. They concluded it was from the Invega I was taking by injection and that this was possibly an overdose. 

They also told me to get to see a neurologist and get an EEG done since they had done an MRI on my head and catscan and found nothing. This I believe will test the inner workings of my brain rather than just looking for tumors and whatnot.  Other than the meds possibly doing this. (And I have talked to pharmisists and they said that some of this was common) but it leads me to believe that it's BS because I feel like I'm dying not just a regular headache

Question is. What's wrong with me? If it was the medication wouldn't it all have been over by now after not drinking and taking certain medications? The symptoms still are here and I've eliminated a ton of things Including all medications other than Invega (shot form) and alcohol (seems to make things worse) and caffeine. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey.  I’m in a similar spot.  Two years ago, I had this out of nowhere heavy head feeling and numbness and tingling sensations all over my head.  After every test imaginable and nothing was found, I was diagnosed with somatization, essentially anxiety that turns into physical symptoms although there are no real things wrong with me.

Fast forward two years and now I had a random dizzy episode and the vertigo won’t go away.  Still having heavy head issues non stop, optic nerve swelling in my eyes, and my left side is aching which scares me about kidney disease.  I’m having all the work ups done again, but I’m your case, def don’t drink on these meds.  I would caution drinking even off the meds.  I’m extremely sensative to alcohol and even one drink can bring back all my symptoms for months.  I was also placed on hydroxyzine a few days ago and experienced that same breathing issue where I wake up gasping occasionally.  Two years ago I found out I had mild sleep apnea, but I think a lot of the breathing stuff you’re mentioning has to do with stress.

The key is trusting your doctors and if the tests for life threatening emergencies are all normal, then you just gotta trust it.  Maybe look into another psychiatrist or even a CBT psgycologist.  It sucks being on anxiety meds especially when you don’t actually feel anxious about specific things, but they do help regulate the chemicals in your brain that can sometimes go out of whack in some people and cause physical symptoms.

• Posted

Good stuff, matt. This is definitely something I will consider. Although some things don't make sense with to me. I have really bad physical weakness and forgot to mention that when the doc used that thing to hit your knee for your reflexes my legs were completely unresponsive. I think perhaps it's nerves in my case. Although it could actually be a combination of things I looked a little bit into that somatic symtpoms and it seems like there's something that should be triggering the anxiety part of it. Which I don't do anything in my life to get anxious. All I ever do is sit in my room play video games and watch tv. I doubt it's anxiety but that's entirely a possiblity that my body is just stuck in a permanent panic mode. And perhaps the alcohol really is messing with my medications. Either that or even that the medication can be a slight overdosed something I'm willing to talk to my psychiatrist about. What does a CBT psgycologist even do? Is this to treat the somatic disorder? Also on the note of stress and all that I don't do or even think in a stressful way and nothing seems to "Trigger" These symptoms but they just rather get forced onto me at random times in the day. Something has to be wrong here.

• Posted

Also. Just curious but did you ever come into contact with any rats?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.