What's wrong with my toes? Chilblains?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My toes have been red and swollen for 4 months now.

Sometimes they feel ok (light pink color) and sometimes they get really bad (dark red/ purple color)

Burning sensation, tender to touch, feels like blisters rubbing (but no visible blisters)

I thought with the weather warming up they would get better but they are only getting more sore.

imageimage

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

how they look today image

• Posted

Are you generally cold when this happens or is it random?

• Posted

I would say its a bit of both. i have felt colder than usual this winter, but also this past "flare up" so to speak, i havent felt cold.

• Posted

Just wondered about Reynaud's phenomenon. Or rheumatoid issue. Any other issues or joint pain? I got something similar which was bursitis. Could be many things really. what does your doc say?

• Posted

through my google searches i wondered the same about raynauds.

only other thing would be that my fingers get cold very easy and hurt when out kn chilly weather.

i have a doctors appt. monday.

i wish i wouldnt have waited so long, now im nervous to go. didnt think it would last this long or continue to get sore.

appreciate your replies!

• Posted

Well I am not a doctor and you are doing the right thing now having it checked out. Sore fingers in the cold can be a symptom of Raynaud's as can be the swelling in your toes but you need proper advice and testing. Good luck.

• Posted

hi, did you ever get a diagnosis for this? i am experiencing the same thing! thanks!

• Posted

I'm getting this too, would love to know how you guys went with it.

Mine seems to get itchier at night, especially during/after shower.

• Posted

Covid toe.

Look it up.

Bring in pictures of corona virus patients with this particular symptom or you may not get tested.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.