What's your worst depression?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I stumbled upon a video about depression, mainly this video ---

???????

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Robert

Can't be much worse than mine.  Been on anti-depressants my entire adult life - nearly 50 years and at present the only thing that keeps me functioning is 60mgs of seroxat a day (sometimes 90mgs) and the love of my cats.  Got so depressed at one point that I allowed myself to be ECT'd nine times before actually asking "why are you doing this to me?" 

Problems with depression from my earliest memories and never felt a high in my life.  Love to read it how is it access.

Regards

Liz 

• Posted

Hi Elisabeth,

If you don't mind me asking, what keeps you going after suffering for so long? & did the ECT help at all?

• Posted

Hello Yasmine

Yes the ECT's did help - brain needed the shocks to get it working again - it actually stopped functioning it just felt like a great big black soggy lump - according to observers the ECT's worked. 

Been okay since started taking 60/75mgs of seroxat a day but prior to seroxat's invention life was very problematic - hospitalised may times - but from the day I started taking it the problem literally stopped overnight - haven't been hospitalised or needed to see a shrink since - 25 years.  It gets a lot of bad press but for me it's a godsend.  Still get my moments but its more a 'reactional depression' as opposed to 'free floating'.

Kind regards

Liz

• Posted

Oh wow that's amazing I'm so glad you've found something that works so well for you. I have considered ECT but find the thought of it very scary! Never heard of seroxat but sounds great. Well done x

• Posted

Hi Robert can you private message me the details of the video. ThanksĀ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.