what scares you or worries you most about diabetes?

Posted , 6 users are following.

What scares you the most about having diabetes, or what worries you the most about having diabetes?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, I have diagnosed with diabetes about 3 weeks ago and the thing that first scared me was that I won't be able to live a healthy and longer life. To be very honest, I'm obsessed with life-extension and the dream of living a very long life. However, as I joined various online committees and talked with people who are suffering from the same condition, I realized that there is a life possible with Diabetes and I'm going to live it, NO MATTER WHAT!

Now, my to-do list includes one more thing, along with living a healthy life, I want to help everyone who is suffering from diabetes just like me. I'm trying to educate myself so that I can help each and everyone who gets diagnosed. I'm planning to join support groups and help people in actual life too. Also, I'm making a list of good information about diabetes that I find online, let me share some with Y'all:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/diabetes

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diabetes/symptoms-causes/syc-20371444

• Posted

My grammar was a diabetic and lived to be 109, so don't believe everything you are told. It depends on each person. You sound like you have a great attitude, that is AWESOME!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.