What should be the inner texture of labia minora?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! I'm 27 years old. I'm totally monogamous. I've been with my boyfriend for 1.5 years now. Never had risk unprotected contacts or one-night stands. My question is the following: my labia minora is shaped a little bit like two fleshy small wings, I wasn't able to find an image in Google of similar looking. So even before I started having sex, every time I checked if everything down there is fine, I used a mirror and a flashlight and saw nothing unusual or bothersome, but when touching the inner side of labia minora, it feels a bit ruffled on both sides and the surface is not smooth. This is the same up to this day. Should I be concerned about this? I've been visiting different gynecologists every year, PAP test always normal, nothing of concern. So what do you suggest is this rough surface of the inside of labia minora?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

this is absolutely normal. drawings are always showing the skin as smooth when in fact it is ruffled.

• Posted

Thank you for your answer, Pamela! When I self-examined myself a few minutes ago again, I noticed that this is actually the texture of the skin inside the opening of my vagina and I guess it's totally normal.

• Posted

you are very welcome. i should probably have explained that i am a nurse !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.