What should heart rate be at 70 yrs old?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi- I am new here. I am a 70 yr old female and in pretty good health ( or so I hope). I have always had a yearly physical and am up to date on all tests and screenings. I take meds for blood pressure and cholesterol and my dr says they are both well controlled. So my problem is that I got a FITBIT as a gift and I've taken to checking out my heart rate (maybe too often). My resting rate is a constant 76-78 but when I move around, even doing light housework it shows up over 100 , sometimes up to 120. Is this normal? It always goes back down when I sit. I've read and understand that formal exercise raises the heart rate and is good but I get the impression that cooking and cleaning the kitchen doesn't count and that my rate should be down. Can anyone shed some light on this?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.